Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress. Bodywork also can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Relieve aches and pains of pregnancy.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Improve blood flow and lymphatic drainage.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkillers, thus reducing the need for pain medication.
- Relieve migraine pain.
The choice is yours. You can select the type of massage that best fits your needs. If this is your first massage and aren’t certain what type of massage you would enjoy most, our professional massage therapist can speak with you prior to your first massage to help determine the best massage option for you.
Our massage therapist – Tonya Thompson
Tonya is a state licensed massage therapist who has been practicing massage for 10 years. Her specialties are Therapeutic Bodywork including Deep Tissue Massage, Thai Massage, Craniosacral Therapy, Pregnancy Massage, and Cupping. Tonya is passionate about helping her clients discover their mind-body connection so they can maintain their overall health. She has a mindful touch and a relaxed professional presence that allows her to work well with all populations and needs. It is fulfilling for her to be a part of the progression of getting the body into balance through massage and bodywork.
Massage Options and Pricing